Celebration of Lights - 29th Anniversary Year
November 15, 2013 - January 1 , 2014, 5pm to 10pm daily
The Celebration of Lights is a spectacular display in which Sarnia-Lambton is set aglow under a blanket of illuminated lights. Both local residents and the thousands of visitors who come here each year to view the Celebration enjoy this magical festival.
Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre
December 13, 2013
The Celebration of Lights began in 1984 with 650 lights and 9 displays. As a result of the popularity of the event and the community participation, the Celebration has snowballed in the following years to thousands of lights and 160 displays.
Incorporated in 2002, the Celebration of Lights is run by a voluntary Board of Directors.
- 1988, recognized locally on the Mayor's Honour List for outstanding service to the people of the City of Sarnia
- 1988, received the Ontario Chamber of Commerce Presidents Award.
- 1991, received the Ener$en$e Award for energy conservation.
- 2000, recognized as one of the top 50 events from festivals & Events Ontario.
- 2001, received the Website Award from Festivals & Events Ontario.
- 2002, recognized as the runner-up in the Canadian Government's Canada WinterLights competition following the extensive judging of festivals across the country.
- 2013, nominated for the Sarnia Lambton Chamber of Commerce Outstanding Business Achievement Award in the Environmental Category
Photography is courtesy of Lou Sprenger - Celebration of Lights Official Photographer.
2013 Opening Ceremonies Agenda November 15th, 2013 at 6:00 pm
Sponsored by TransAlta Energy Corp
Dow People Place, Centennial Park
6:00pm to 8:30pm
Evening's Festivities include:
- Free Cake
- Hot Chocolate/ Apple Cider available
- Jingle Bell Walk
- Live Entertainment provided by the New Horizons Community Church Band
- Photos with Santa Claus - Bring your own camera to capture the moment.
- Horse Trolley Rides
Remember, lights to come on at 7:00p.m. SHARP
Located at the Dow People Place in Sarnia, Ontario.
2013 Awards Ceremony Wednesday, Dec. 4th at the Sarnia Golf And Curling Club
Celebration of Lights